The Bissell 1940 and 1940w are the same in design and performance. The major difference is the color. The Bissell 1940w is orange whereas 1940 is blue in color
Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop 1940 Vs 1940w
When it comes to design, there is no difference between the two steam mops. Both of the items are very popular vacuum mop combo. They both come with an upright vacuum design, with the main unit, handle, and a cleaning head with a steamer. The slim and long design of the products makes cleaning easier for the users as they don’t have to bend over.
Their design might be similar, but there is a distinction in their appearance. Yet, you might get confused if you don’t notice the main different points. The Bissell 1940 is blue while the Bissell 1940w is orange in color.
They have different dimensions. The Bissell 1940 is 11.6 x 7.1 x 28.6 inches and 1940w is 26.1 x 11.3 x 7.3 inches in dimension.
For any human-machine, weight is a vital factor. The units should be light enough to carry around the house. With the Bissell 1940 and 1940w, there is no such problem.
They are so lightweight, 6.82 and 8.2 lbs. respectively that you can easily drag them around your house. But, some might find them cumbersome due to their long body.
The Bissell 1940w cords are 25 ft. whereas the Bissell 1940 is 23 ft. Although this difference is not that significant, the extra length adds more mobility to it.
This is the most important factor to consider while buying any cleaner. Both of the machines offer awesome cleaning capabilities at a reasonable price!
However, there are several things to consider. Such as cleaning orientation, steam function, power, tank, and so on.
Both Bissell 1940 and 1940w are designed to steam and mop all types of sealed floors. Like the tile, hardwood, linoleum, ceramic, etc. You can also steam your carpet with it.
Steam and Mop
- These 1500 watts efficient steamers take only 30 seconds to take on the germs and bacteria.
- Bissell 1940w and 1940 comes with SmartSet Steam settings. They have 3 steam modes depending on your cleaning purposes. You can choose from a high, medium, and low level. There is a light indicator for notification.
- For mopping, a low profile mop head alongside detachable mop pads is there. You can fix it during the operation using elastic bands.
For larger messes, we recommend you to use the high setting as it will convey a more good stream of hot steam. Also, it ensures that bacteria is completely killed off.
- The flip-down Easy Scrubber is there at the rear of the cleaning head. It cleans up any sticky, dried-on spots or even the most stubborn mess two times faster than any other machine. You can flip it down to remove the stubborn grime and stains.
With this feature, you won’t have to stop and scrub the stubborn spots.
- With the Febreze spring breeze fragrance discs, you will enjoy a fresh and clean aroma while the machine does its work. Moreover, after cleaning, it will leave the house smelling fresh and clean.
- The combination of the flip-down easy scrubber and the amazing steam quality shows great performance in killing most of the germs and bacteria on the floor.
- You can refill the removable 15 oz. water tank on top of the mop with water while cleaning. The Bissell 1940w has a smaller water tank than the 1940.
As expected, both the products have so many positive feedbacks from users. The Bissell 1940 and 1940w has received 4.6 and 4.1 ratings on Amazon. Most of the customers agreed that these are great machines at this price range. They praised their easy operation, lightweight design, and great cleaning capabilities.
However, some have complained about the pad slipping down. Some also found it difficult to push the mop.
Q: Is it safe to use Bissell 1940 and 1940w mop steamers on carpets?
Ans: Yes, it is safe. But, you should be aware of the carpet material beforehand, make sure if the steam is good for the material. You can test it beforehand by applying the steamer on a small portion of the carpet. Also, keep in mind that Bissell steamers don’t deal with dust, hair, and large debris.
Q: Why does my Bissell steamer have a knocking sound?
Ans: Initially, when you are refilling or emptying the tank, the pump will make a knocking sound which is quite normal. It will soften after some time. But, if the machine keeps making a knocking sound, you should contact Bissell customer care.
Q: Can I burn myself with the Bissell 1940 and 1940w steamer?
Ans: You should know that the Bissell steamers heat water to its boiling point and uses the steam. Make sure to follow the precautions to be safe. And please do not direct the steam on your body parts, and other people. Also, while refilling the steamer, wait for some time to let it cool.
To sum up, both models are very similar to each other. Both have the same functionalities. So, you can go for either of them. However, the only thing to consider while choosing between these two is their color. Well, the cord’s length can be a driving factor as well as 1940w has a longer cord.