Roomba modes are simply series of autonomous robotic made vacuum cleaners that have so many features that include a set of sensors that enable easy navigation of the floor areas of the home, detect the presence of obstacles on the floor, and prevent steep drop from falling downstairs while cleaning.
What an awesomely made robotic cleaner. The Roomba uses two operating side wheels independently which allows it to turn at 360 degrees conveniently. It has a range of model sizes with 400 to 900 series which has several features which include Tande free brushes, obstacle avoidance, performance maps, separate sweep canister, and a more powerful vacuum.
Compare Roomba Models In 2022 | Quick Answer
The 900 Roomba series also has a camera feature which works in one with onboard mapping, navigation system software, and an indoor positioning system which helps to cover all the floor area systematically. Some of the Roomba units can always adapt to perform more and more creative tasks which are accomplished by using the Roomba open interface with an embedded computer floor cleaning it effectively.
Best Roomba Models In 2022 Review
Do you wish to own some of these amazing home robots but don’t know how to go about it or which one to choose? Here are the top Roomba models on the market as it helps give you an insight into the best Roomba model in 2020.
1. iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum Bundle
Cleaning is made easy as you can connect from anywhere to clean using the advanced cleaning performance of this model. Enjoy the experience of doing your house chores and having fun at the same time as you have got the ability to control your work from the comfort of your mobile phone.
This model comes with an extra dual mode virtual wall barrier device which helps create an invisible barrier and helps keep the Roomba robot vacuum away from obstacles. It works very well and fine with Alexa’s voice control (sold separately). It features an auto-adjust cleaning head that adapts to its height to keep multi-surface brushes at close contact with different floor surfaces which helps to engage both hard floors and carpets directly.
It works marvelously as you can easily clean and schedule your activities from anywhere using the iRobot home app which is compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa. It has tangle-free dual multi-surface brushes that handle pet hairs with so much ease, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns without getting tangled. This gives you an option of excellent and efficient cleaning any time and from anywhere with ease using the iRobot home app.
- Superb and modified- it gives a very advanced model to the older models as it gives a new energy-saving feature which prevents the light from staying all through charging and ready for use early the next morning. It gives better cleaning and obstacle sensing than the old one.
- Adapt for all surfaces- Either large or small surfaces quarter, the Roomba 890 proves to be very efficient overall as it also cleans very small particles which include hair or dust that accumulates as the case may be. Even though it takes sufficient time to map out the area.
- Durable and last long- Cleaning for more than 90 minutes on each charge is a characteristic of this model, as it proves to be equipped with better battery life.
- It is not autonomous and requires a lot of fangirling so as to make it more useful.
- It, however, does not support and offer virtual mapping which shows that it gives a random cleaning pattern.
2. IRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi connectivity, works with Alexa, good for pet hairs, carpets, hard floor, and self-charging
This model is very sleek with a premium design that complements home decoration with its premium design. It also includes a dual-mode of virtual wall barrier which gives more control over the area the robot cleans. The dual multi-surface brush picks up all particles including very small particles.
It is equipped with a 3 stage cleaning system and intelligent sensors which are full suite, guide the robot around and under furniture which gives a thorough cleaning of the floors. It is fully compatible with the Amazon Alexa and googles assistant. It has the ability to work for 90 minutes or more, giving the grace of working safely, with ease and extensively before docking automatically and recharging.
- Highly Effective against Dirt- It loosen, lift and suctions dirt. Cleans carpet and under furniture. It is matched with dirt detect sensor alerts which makes the robot more concentrated on dirty areas in homes.
- It operates a three-stage cleaning system which includes- loosen, lift and suction as it picks up all dirt from small particles to large debris.
- Durable and flexible- its ability to get connected with it from anywhere just got enticing as it gives more durability you have been looking for.
- It might give bruises to woody furniture if not supervised with caution as a robot will always be a robot.
- It does not give the best option for pets as it does not clean off pet hairs with great accuracy.
3. IRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
By just pressing the clean button, your floor is cleaned as it uses a full suite sensor to navigate and adapt to home or any home changes. Your pets are safe in your living room henceforth with this great model. It operates with a three cleaning system stage which is agitated, brushes and suctions floor.
It is designed specifically to perform functions and fit under most furniture and kickboards so there is no hiding place for dirt. The ability to adapt to all floor types makes it very unique as it has the ability to clean carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate and many more. Picks up dust, pet hair, other small particles and also large debris with ease.
- Convenience – House cleaning has proven very easy and with great convenience with the advent of this Roomba cleaning machine with models. It is termed laziness enabling products in some cases.
- Cleans with great ease and exhibits a low profile with its ability to clean under furniture and other tight areas/spots.
- Durable and can be carried upstairs in case of stairs cleaning and it is coupled with IAdapt sensors which makes it easy to navigate the home and shun obstacles.
- It stops abruptly on contact with black carpets as it struggles with very dark areas just like most robot vacuums as the sensors can detect them as holes.
- It requires great technicality when operating with a white baseboard as it marks them up all throughout the home and needs to be emptied on a regular basis.
4. Roomba 980 Robotic Vacuum
It is one of the top models of the irobot and is coupled with most of the advanced features found in Roomba models. It gives 10 times the performance of the 600 series when compared with its three-stage cleaning un-compromised. Very good quality is its ability to detect the type of floor it is to clean and also exhibit a power boost mode that is always activated when carpet vacuuming, making it consume as much dirt, dust and debris as possible than the less advanced model of Roomba.
Its movement can be assisted by building up a home map which makes the Roomba follow a pattern that makes it not miss a spot during cleaning. Pets are on a safe side as there will be more intimacy with pets because the vacuum gives a great job of consuming stubborn animal hair from floors and also eradicates some microparticles, dust, and allergen with the presence of its advanced filter system. This gives a very amazing machine.
- Runs at a very cool expanse of time with its ability to work more than 120 minutes and get recharged again before getting back to work.
- Wifi-enabled with access to Amazon Alexa and google assistant and uses the irobot home app to schedule efficiently.
- Highly compatible with most android- with the advent of more phones and advanced os, this model fits perfectly as it is compatible with ios operating systems 11 and higher; android compatible with operating system 5.0 and higher. This makes it not an excuse to be used as it fits into everyday activities and can be connected to and scheduled at any point, anywhere.
- Adjust to all floor types- The power boost tech on carpets makes it very easy to adjust automatically to any surface types with no much trouble.
- Excellent battery life- The battery system has a great chance of working on about 120 minutes or more with a great chance of charging very fast.
- Dark areas are not easily cleaned as the robot can only detect them as gaps which makes them impossible to be cleaned properly.
5. Roomba 960 Robotic vacuum
It is an advanced model technology and at a very lower price point. It takes in a whole lot of dust, microparticles and pet allergens which helps to improve the air quality and remove all allergic reactions. It has the same aero force three-stage cleaning system as that of the 980 series but can only produce five times the power of the great 6oo series model which is the only area the 960 is inferior to the 980 series.
It is equipped with dual multi-surface rubber brushes which are always in constant contact with surfaces and other hard surfaces alike, therefore improving its cleaning ability. This model, however, has a slightly less powerful motor which is the same as that of the 800 series. The battery life is relatively shorter and it can only operate at about 75 minutes per charge. Maps and clean an entire home intelligently with its patented iadapt 2.0 technology with a vSlam navigation which captures precise measurements each millisecond to optimize a great coverage.
- Highly efficient with a filter that captures 99% of allergens pollen as small as 10 microns. It adapts to height automatically to clean carpets and hard floors effectively.
- An automated recharging system as at when needed and continued cleaning until the job is done/ finished satisfactorily.
- Comfortability- it works perfectly well with the irobot home app as it can be customized, and controlled using this app. Alexa and google assistant work perfectly with this model.
- It operates a three-way system- loosens, lifts and suctions dirt with as much as 5 times more of the air power and less maintenance is needed.
- Cleans and recognizes old carpet only like the older Roomba models which makes it lack carpet boost technology.
- Runs on low battery support as it satisfies up to 75 minutes per charge efficiently.
6. Irobot Roomba i7+ robot vacuum
This model has superseded all other models successfully as it offers greater value than the 900 series also, as well as many other improvements. Against the other models which need to be emptied immediately after use due to their small size, the i7+ served as the messiah to this problem as it features a home base which empties its load automatically when it returns to get charged.
This shows that in contrast to emptying every day as seen in other models, this model, however, has the ability to take in the dirt for more than 60 days without supervision. This is a very amazing feature as you get to be lazier and leave the dirt to be disposed of automatically by the robot after 60 days.
It also comes with an advanced mapping system which is by far greater than the 900 series. This gives the robot the ability to scan and learn all the layout of the home. Therefore you can always get your room cleaned as scheduled and in which order desired. You can also set zones as out of bounds and the robot will not trespass. All this is done on your mobile phone, all with great ease using the app. It exhibits times 10 the suction power of the 600 series models and also boasts of advanced three-stage cleaning that gives a deep and thorough cleaning,
- Has a very great ability to empty itself at the dock while charging, and can also be left for up to 60 days before disposing of. It is a suit.
- Improved functionality in its app- More features are added to this model, which include setting a boundary limit, choosing rooms to clean, no go areas and many more all of its app. This increases its reliability coupled with its advanced mapping system.
- High-quality filters- the allergens are trapped very well with the use of these filters, which helps to remand allergens in the waste area.
- This model consists of bags that are way very expensive and not ecologically wise.
- It gives a noisy performance, especially when working. It can be controlled to run when you are out though.
7. Roomba 880 robotic vacuum
This model can be used in place of the 900 series or the i7+ when you desire a less advanced vacuum cleaner, but still have a high Roomba performance. This model also experiences the same aero force three-stage cleaning system which has been the feature of roombas for a long time, which gives the 880 series five times the suction power of other models from the 600 series.
It is equipped with the original version of Iadapt technology which makes use of a suite of sensors and makes it have little or less problem navigating the home in case it contacts obstacles so as to give the floor a very thorough cleaning. A unique feature of this model is that it has a virtual lighthouse system that makes you block a room completely or it can force the robot to remain in a room until the room is finished, at which point it can move easily to the other room.
- Though it is a lower model to that of i7+, it delivers a 5x power more than that of the 600 series models which are attributed to its aero force three-stage cleaning system.
- Possess a virtual lighthouse which blocks the Roomba effectively and makes it clean a room before moving to the next.
- It has multiple room navigation properties, which makes it easy to clean up to three rooms.
- Schedules can be programmed effectively and can be cleaned up to 7 times a week.
- Dust and allergens are trapped conveniently with its high-quality heap filters which makes it work efficiently and clean up a large surface.
- As a lower model, a lower battery is inevitable and very short. It can clean effectively around an hour.
- It cannot be controlled with any app or wifi. It can only be controlled by a remote which is not really convenient.
Roomba has both expensive and affordable robot vacuum models. All Roomba models share many features in common but they differ in several areas significantly. This article will serve as a good guide to help differentiate these models, and serve as a guide to choosing the best Roomba vacuum cleaner for your work.
I hope you do find this article very helpful for your vacuum cleaning quest.