Most vacuum users do not know how to take apart a vacuum cleaner. So, when they go to do this, create a lot of mistakes, and the vacuum ruins. So, in this article, the user will find the simplest ways to separate Bissell Powerforce vacuum parts.
How to Take Apart a Bissell Powerforce Vacuum
The following actions will make your vacuum disassembling not a big deal.
Manage the Instruments and Prepare Yourself
You will find the brushes at the bottom. There is a section that holds a filter, canister, trash, etc. above the brushes. So, the first things you need to do is:
- Take the vacuum cleaner on an old paper, tablecloth, or table. It will be better if there is any free space.
- Then gather a flat-headed screwdriver, scissor, and an air compressor.
- Bring a small and a large bucket. Fill the large one with hot water.
- If you have problems with nails, use latex gloves. To avoid asthma or nasal problems, take a mask.
- Vinegar, dish soap, and a piece of cloth must be needed.
Take Apart from the Main Parts
Firstly, press the release button at the top of the canister. Pushing it, the canister will be separated from the main body. You may find your canister dirty.
- Then press the empty button located at the canister end to open the bottom.
- Remove all trash from the canister cabin.
- Open the latch and there you will get your filter.
- Inside the canister, all parts need just a twist to come apart.
- After that, search the screws and remove them using a screwdriver. Put the screws in the small bowl.
- Remove the trash bag. (not for the bagless vacuum cleaners)
Purify the Vacuum Parts
The main reason for separating the vacuum parts is to clean and remove life killing dirt, bacteria, and germs.
- Use a microfiber cloth to remove debris. If any hair is found, cut them using scissors.
- Run cold water through the filter and squeeze.
- Then wash the hard plastics and hoses in a big bucket/sink using vinegar or dish soap. Do not do this in a washing machine. Avoid using toxic chemicals.
- Wipe inside and outside of all parts.
- Dry them carefully for at least 24 hours.
- Put a fresh bag inside in exchange for the dirty one.
Reset all in place
- Make sure that the opening lines of the canister line up exactly.
- Make the notch engaged completely.
- Place the filter and match the filter notch with the canister cap. Keep the paper side toward the suction part. Make the black side visible.
- Fix all screws in place.
Consult the Expert
If you find any of your vacuum parts damaged, immediately consult any of the experts. Besides, don’t forget to follow the restrictions described in the user manual.
How to Change the Filter to Bissell Powerforce Vacuum?
2 types of filters are seen in a Bissell Powerforce Vacuum. One is the pre-motor filter and the other is the post-motor filter.
To Change the Pre-Motor Filter
- Release the canister and press the button on top of the tank.
- Open the tank lid and remove the filter by simply twisting it counterclockwise.
- Then wash using light detergent/dish soap, squeeze and run the excess amount of cold water.
To Change the Post-Motor Filter
- Open the door just below the dirt container.
- Pull out the tray and get the filter.
- This one is not washable and needs to be replaced. Maximum filters last for at least 5 years.
How to Take Apart the Brush Roll on a Bissell Powerforce Vacuum
- Firstly, remove the screws using the screwdriver, remove the brush cover.
- Pull out the brush roll by hand.
- Remove hair from wheels.
- By holding one end, spin the roll.
- If the roll doesn’t give smooth rotation, replace it.
- Check and clean the air passage using a soft cloth.
- Wipe the roll with a sturdy comb.
- Then align it by turning in the direction of the motor.
- Finally fix the cover in place.
How to Unclog Bissell Powerforce Vacuum
Clogs inside the vacuum will decrease its efficiency. It mainly affects the suction power and slows the whole cleaner. So,
- Get a screwdriver for this step.
- Unplug the machine or put the power off.
- Remove the hose pipe by twisting it to the left.
- Remove all dirt using a broomstick inside the hose. if anything passes through the hose without any delay, then your hose is fully cleaned.
- Remove the screw on the back and check the foot hose for clogs.
- At last, check the air passage of the brush roll.
How to Take Apart a Bissell Powerforce Vacuum Handle
Taking apart a Bissell vacuum handle is easy. Just unlock the nock collar. Then the user will need a flathead screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver to push the pin inside the notch. And then release the cleaner handle.
Q: How to fix if the suction becomes weak?
Ans: Maybe there are clogs inside the hose. Make sure your brush is revolving freely. But there the filter also may be full of dirt and debris. So, open the plastic tank and wash the filter properly. If your vacuum cleaner is 5 years old, then you should change the pre-motor filter to have higher efficiency.
Q: How to disinfect the Bissel vacuum cleaner?
Ans: Ordinary dish soap can not make your cleaner disinfected at all. If there is a chance of infection, you can use hot water. But the detergent with rubbing alcohol will work best. Just take it a little on a cotton pad or cloth. Wipe all parts and then rinse.
This article is not about taking apart a Bissell Powerforce vacuum cleaner only. Most of the vacuum cleaners bear the same structure inside. So, you can apply all these instructions to take apart the other vacuum cleaner also like the Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner or a rainbow vacuum cleaner. For cleaning the cleaner and increasing the power, you will find no way without proper disassembling.
Leave a Reply